Thursday, March 26, 2009

mom's 50th birthday surprise!!

yesterday, march 25, was my cute mom's 50th birthday! haha, sometimes i can't believe she is 50, it just sounds so old!! but she doesn't look old, and that's all that matters, right?! besides, its so true what they say, that 50 is the new 40 and 40 is the new 30, etc etc... anyway, for her birthday my cute cousin julie and i decided to plan a little surprise party for her! i didn't know how it would turn out, 1) bc it was kinda last-minute, so i wasn't sure if people would be able to come and 2) i was a little worried about how my mom would react - she doesn't love surprises. well we had it all planned out and everything went according to plan. my mom, who is usually early to events, showed up a few minutes late, which worked out fantastic bc almost everyone was there before her, making it an even better surprise!! she walked into the restaurant, we all started singing "happy birthday," and of course in her true fashion she started bawling!! it was really rather cute. she told me that she was just so touched that everyone came to support her on her big day. i was rather touched myself, bc almost EVERYONE showed up! even my cute grandma who isn't feeling too well came along with grandpa. anyway, i think these kinds of family events always make you appreciate the blessings that families are, and it helps you realize that when it comes down to it, family is all you've got. so a big THANK YOU to everyone who came and made this milestone birthday a truly great one for my mom! love you all!
..the birthday girl w/julie and zac....me, lancer and poppa bear....aunt cindy, maury, big t, aunt heidi and uncle dave....heidi, erica, baby kael, josh and uncle randy....whit, aunt vikki, me and lancer..

4 comments:

Kristin and Dan said...

So much fun! I don't know if I've ever told you this, but I love love your bangs!

The Platt's said...

I agree with Kristin! Love the hair :)

Ben and Jen Clark said...

What a cute surprise for your Mom. She looks so happy! I missed you last week too, but you know that just means that you're obligated to come to Baltimore sometime this summer!

Erin Lee said...

This is funny...I remember one day 10 years ago, I was over at the Sibbets, and Joyce was talking about having a party for your Mom's 40th! Isn't that crazy???!!! your mom is so stinkin cute, she was over at our house the other morning after going on a walk with my Mom and Carol. She is so funny! Happy belated birthday!